Thursday, February 9, 2012

Schweddy

As he nears his fourth birthday, Finn has somehow managed to achieve a level of adorableness that has heretofore only been seen in baby monkeys, sleeping kittens and miniature '80's sitcom children like Webster and the girl from Small Wonder.

  • He answers every question with an emphatic, "Of course!"  
  • His favorite game is "1-2-3-SNUGGLE!"  
  • He regularly begs me to tickle him just so he can laugh himself silly.

To top it all off, he is now also obsessed with that pinnacle of cuteness, the most adorable thing there is in the world:  being sweaty.

Apropos of nothing, he will now inform those around him of how sweaty he is.  The minute he gets in the car, he'll announce that he's sweaty.  The minute he steps foot outside into 30 degree weather, he'll point out that he's once again sweaty.

The other day he informed me that his car seat was making him sweaty.  When I offered that perhaps it was the fact that we had just spent the last 20 minutes running up and down the ramp inside of Petco that had made him sweaty, he scoffed. I then asked him what he thought made people sweaty.


His response:  "Sweaty is when you're doing something good and you get hot."  

I thought about that for a minute and decided that I could work with that logic.  If I get sweaty when I do things that are good, that means that I've been my best when I've been:
  • Getting speeding tickets
  • Drinking too much tequila
  • Bluffing at poker

On a side note, it turns out that one of the side effects of teaching your son the passcode on your iPad so that you don't have to get off your lazy butt to unlock it every time he wants to watch garbage trucks on YouTube is that that also grants him access to everything else on the iPad.  Including my online poker account, which Kitty caught him playing last night.

I'm pretty sure he was raising the pot with a 7-2.  Interesting to note: he wasn't even sweating.

Of course, that's probably because he was playing with my chips.  Freeloader.

No comments: