Wednesday, January 23, 2013

The Wall

Tonight's conversation at dinner went something like this:

"Mommy/Daddy, I'm done."
"You still have food on your plate, so the next thing out of our mouth better not be a request for dessert.  If you're still hungry, eat the food on your plate."
"I am hungry, but not for the food on my plate.  I want dessert."
"If you're still hungry, eat the food on your plate."
"How much of the food on my plate do I need to eat before I can have dessert?"
<Repeat for 3 hours>

Eventually, I had to clarify the situation in the simplest terms I know:  "If you don't eat your meat, you can't have any pudding."  After which, I inquired:  "How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?"

Finn's response:  "I don't want pudding."

And so Finn was introduced to Pink Floyd.  After finding & playing the aforementioned sound clip on YouTube, I informed Finn that perhaps we should watch The Wall so he could see the whole thing.

"Daddy, is that appropriate?"

Hm.  Now that you mention it, it is most definitely not appropriate for a four year old.

Good thing he's keeping an eye on these things.  Somebody needs to be driving this ship while Mommy is otherwise occupied growing the next non-dinner-eater.

No comments: