Monday, October 13, 2008

Girl, You'll Be a Woman Soon

The past six months have been full of developmental milestones, but it's become clear lately that we have entered the Lightning Round when it comes to new stuff. It seems like we've got new blog worthy items to mention every couple of days, but my new addiction to going to bed early prevents me from informing the blogoverse. Which is a shame, because it's all so very awesome.

Before I know it, this kid is going to be asking me for the keys. And 30 minutes later asking me to pick him up at the police station. I'm getting all teary-eyed just thinking about how proud I'll be. In the meantime, I'll just have to try to take a moment to really drink up the little things that make this point in his life so special.

Things like his absolute hatred of cold carrots. Check it out. He looks like an extremely sad baby clown hooker. At least his lipstick matches his shirt.


We recently upped the ante in the babyfood department, introducing carrots to the stale menu of formula and rice cereal. Full disclosure: he actually LURVES carrots. He can't get enough of them. He just doesn't like them cold.

I hope that this is just the first of many pictures I'll take over the years of him looking absolutely miserable. I find them very entertaining. I'll make a deal with him now, however, that I won't take any naked pictures of him to share with girlfriends in 16 years.

That's his mom's department.

______________________

OK, so maybe my choice of gender in the title was a bit off, but I had to work in some Neil Diamond in honor of his current tour. Our other obligations have kept us at home for this run, but we did have the pleasure of seeing Neil 6 or 7 years ago. The only concert that I've attended where the PA announcer warned everyone ahead of time that the lights were about to go down. Apparently, with 75% of the audience using walkers, they wanted to give everyone plenty of time to get to their seats. Neil did not disappoint. He thanked the audience between every song as if it were the encore to his farewell appearance. We were up in the rafters of the Key Arena, but we were still blinded by his shirts.

No comments: