Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Please sir, can I have s'more?

We took the Ninja to the doctor for his 4-month check up last Friday. This was a milestone visit, as we were eagerly anticipating the green light to move on to solid foods. The boy is still a wee bit on the skinny side (shocking, given his parents' combined weight of 47 lbs), so we were eager to bulk him up with some burgers or Tat'stramis. Plus, we figured the extra food couldn't hurt his sleeping.

I had heard that rice cereal was typically the first solid food, but I was totally bummed to learn that rice cereal does not mean Cocoa Crispies. It doesn't even mean Rice Crispies. This crap isn't crispy at all. It's Rice Mushies. I feel like we're feeding Oliver Twist.

I guess I need to come to terms with the fact that I'm not going to be able to order pizza with the boy for a while. This is a tough realization to come to, on account of the fact that I built that kid with the express purpose of having someone to share food with, since Kitty has a broken cheesy/wheaty-bone.

Of course, the boy has had the sniffles for almost a month now, so it's starting to seem like he might be all allergic like his mommy. What if he can't eat pizza? Or nutritious McDonald's Chicken Selects with delicious Spicy Buffalo Sauce?

I don't even want to think about that.

Here's Finn enjoying his very first solid meal. I think it's safe to say from the look on his face that he would rather be eating pizza.


On another note, we got our first real, legitimate laughs from the mouth of the boy tonight. They came when Mommy was trying to put him down for bed, but of course that didn't stop me from running up there in an attempt to get him all riled up with more laughing.

As a result, Mommy's still trying to put him to bed.

Bad Daddy. Bad.


No comments: