Tuesday, September 16, 2008

So this is what life used to be like

I feel guilty posting this, since this is the Ninja's blog after all, but we just got done with a Finn-free day and I'm feeling very refreshed. It was 80 degrees in Seattle today, surely one of the last days of our summer, and as we spent the last five and a half months trying to keep the harsh rays of a cruel Seattle sun off of our darling boy's alabaster skin, we decided at the spur of the moment to play hooky on Uncle Rob & Aunt Holly's boat.

We dropped Finn off at Jena's this morning and as we were driving to the boat launch Kitty and I were both very unsettled. We didn't exactly feel guilty as much as we felt that something was missing. After nearly six months of parenthood, I can safely say that I no longer remember what it was like in the before-time -- the long-long-ago -- when we weren't responsible for another's happiness.

As much as I enjoyed the day on the boat, I enjoyed even more seeing Finn back at Jena's. I don't want to get all sappy here, but I've gotten very used to spending every minute with that little a-hole. Even now, I'm happily listening to him coo up in his crib when he's supposed to be sleeping.

Dear Finn: GO TO SLEEP!

Here's a pic of Kitty, with Holly, enjoying her one adult-entertainment day allowed this year. I apologize for the lack of Ninja content, but we've added some pics to the slideshow to make up for it.


And congratulations to Derek Jeter for bypassing the Iron Horse for the most hits ever in Yankee Stadium. Even though we don't have October in its final year, we've still got history.

No comments: