Saturday, March 28, 2009

They Say It's Your Birthday

At 11:40 am this morning, the Ninja turned one year old. Wow. It's been a whole year since the most intense day of my life, when I watched my wife endure 37 straight hours of pain without complaining to deliver the absolute coolest present imaginable.

I've had many different jobs over the last 35+ years -- wedding singer, evening news camerman, Sunday School teacher -- but none have been more challenging or paid more poorly than being a Dad. And that's saying something, because I didn't get paid for any of those jobs.

I can honestly say that even if the last year of my life has been the most exhausting, it's also been hands-down the most rewarding. Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine that I could love another human being as much as I love my son. And his mom ain't bad either, if only because (or especially because) she lets me make fun of her regularly on the interwebs.

Kitty - One year ago today, you outdid yourself and you have yet to let up.
Finn - One year ago today, you arrived and you have yet to disappoint. Though I'm certain that day will come. It sure did for my Dad!

Now let's have some cake!

2 comments:

sharon muza said...

Happy birthday to the cutest Ninja I know! And happy BIRTH day to one of the strongest mamas I know! You all have a special place in my heart! xoxo Sharon,

Shana Grugan said...

Sniff, sniff. That's an awesome entry! I love the cake, too! Happy Birthday, Finn!