Thursday, April 23, 2009

State of the Ninja

Since I've really got nothing new to report at the moment and since I know that several thousand of our most loyal readers get their Ninja News via email or RSS reader and therefore don't get to regularly check Finn's growth chart, I figured I'd give y'all an update on Finn's 12-month checkup.

As potentially traumatic trips to the doctor go, this one was a piece of cake. There were no shots to give and the boy was able to make it the whole appointment without peeing in the toy box (again). Dr. Fiala even commented, as she was holding a happy baby in her lap, how nice and easy going he is. Contrast this with Tango's & Cash's vet appointment last weekend, during which Tango got so upset that he peed and pooped on me.

I don't think we need to keep cats vs. baby score anymore.

Finn got another clean bill of health. He's still not fat - coming in around 40th percentile - but at least his head is still enormous (90th). We were disappointed to learn that he's dropped from the 90's down to the 70's in length, so we'll be working on that piece before the 15-month appointment. I know he can do better next time.

The best news came in the mail, when we learned that Finn had tested negative for Lyme Disease. This was a concern due to Kitty's Rampant LymeTM 1 and the fact that she is constantly biting him. Her Lyme doc gave him 50/50 odds and we had to go through an incredibly traumatic blood draw, but he came up clean. Now we know that there's at least one person in the family that doesn't have Lyme Disease2, so that's nice.

To show just how far he's come in 12-months, here's a pic of the Ninja rekindling an old flame. Who says you can never go bluebird again?


___________________

1 The official diagnosis. Apparently it's just like regular Lyme, but more rampanter.
2 I'm terrified of needles, so I refuse to get tested. I'm treating my possible infection with 100 cc's of ignorance.

No comments: