Sunday, March 28, 2010

Turnin' Two

On the occasion of Finn's second birthday, I'd like to give my son a big birthday shout-out and let all of his (Facebook) friends and (Twitter) followers out there know that no matter what I may write here, these past two years have been hands down the most exciting (and exhausting) of my life*.

The past 12-months have found Finn talking, running, jumping, talking, using the potty, talking, dressing himself and talking. That's at least 3 more skills than I have and I couldn't be more proud.

Though I wasn't quite as successful in the past year of getting videos of Finn doped up on dental drugs as David's dad, I was able to catch this photo of him whacked out on birthday cake.


What a handsome man.

Dear Finn,

Should your future-self become an internet archaeologist and should you ever happen across this blog in one of your e-digs, know that your second year as a Yankee fan was a resounding success. Certainly much more productive than your first. However, keeping with policy, we won't be discussing the state of your contract until after this season.

No pressure or anything.

Love,
Daddy

------

*Of course when I think back on my life, there's a period of about 10 years that I don't recall at all on account of youthful exuberance - i.e., Phish shows - but I've seen the pictures** and given the evidence, I'm pretty sure that I spent the majority of those years hung over.

**No, you may not see the pictures.

No comments: