Friday, October 7, 2011

Shorts

Hand-me-downs are great.  They save the recipient tons of money and they're a great way to recycle something that kids seem to burn through so quickly.  They're particularly helpful when your kids are Finn's age and younger - e.g., before they're old enough to resent them.  I figure that we've got a couple more years from which to squeeze the bags and bags of clothes that we're still getting from our friends before Finn begins to question why his jeans come pre-grass-stained in the knees.

Of course, the downside of this situation is that we've up to recently been in possession of the last boy amongst our friends.  That means we're at the bottom of the hill down which all boys' clothing currently rolls, resulting in a situation like the one you see at right.  This is Kitty's latest attempt to work through these bags and sort them into sizes so we can throw them all haphazardly back into a closet.

I liked hand-me-downs much better before they took over every square inch of living space in my house.

On the other hand, perhaps it's a good thing that we have so many clothes.  Apropos of nothing last night, Finn announced:  "Sometimes when I poop a lot, I need to wear shorts."

When pressed for an explanation, he would only repeat: "Sometimes when I poop hard a lot, I wear shorts,"  as if adding the word "hard" to the sentence would explain everything.

Given how well he poops, I hope there are lots of shorts in those bins.

No comments: