Thursday, September 20, 2012

Dry Run

Tomorrow is a big day around here.  Yes, that's partly because the new iPhone is set to arrive - which I was assured of at purchase, even if AT&T refuses to update their #$%@ website with a tracking number, *breathe* - but moreso because we will finally learn whether Kitty is gestating a Rookie or a Rookette!

I've got $20 on it being a Rookie, mostly because I don't want to have to learn a whole new set of confusing baby parts, but I'm conflicted because the lazy in me also really doesn't want to have to repaint the ridiculously pink bedroom/guest room that we inherited from the previous owners.  Not that a boy can't love pink, as evidenced by my wardrobe.  So I guess I'll win on any count.  Which is nice.

Another good part about tomorrow is that we're flying down to San Francisco to meet Finn's newest cousin Josie.

Actually, there should be a comma in that last sentence.  It's not like Finn has lots of cousin Josies and this is just the newest one.  This is his newest cousin, Josie.

Wait, what were we talking about?

Right, San Francisco.  This is going to be a fun family trip - and a productive one, as we have an ulterior motive.  This is going to be a dry run to see how Finn handles the fact that we're laying all of our attention on a new baby and completely ignoring him.  Hopefully he handles it well, but in a worst case scenario, even if he freaks out and stabs the baby, at least it's not our baby.

Ha!  Right?

OK, I've got to admit, I've used that joke before - in fact all week.  I think it's really funny.  Nicole & Keith, probably less so.

Speaking of things that I think are funny, Kitty & Finn pulled into the driveway about the same time that I did this afternoon, so I went around to Finn's door to open it up and give him a welcome-home hug.  Since he was still buckled in, I decided that I would have to modify the plan and asked him if I could hug his head, followed by hugging his hands.  He thought this was hilarious.  When he got out of the car, he decided to play along and asked me if he could hug my... penis.  And then my poop.

This Montessori school must have a very risque curriculum.  I really hope he doesn't stab Josie this weekend, partly because that would make the trip back to the airport awfully awkward, but mostly because I'd hate to miss moments like that if Finn had to go to jail.

1 comment:

Winnie R said...

Great blog you hhave here