Saturday, January 11, 2014

Diapers

I'm proud to report that we are no longer using cloth diapers.  This is a very happy day, for a couple of reasons:
  1. Like anyone with a nose and a distaste for actually touching feces, I dislike cloth diapers
  2. The reason that we got rid of them
Point 1 should be relatively self-evident.  For point 2, it's important to note that the reason that we had cloth diapers in the first place was the "environment".  Someone in the household who is not named me or Finn was very uncomfortable with the amount of waste produced by disposable diapers and being the only good-hearted and/or responsible member of this family, insisted upon the eco-friendly option of cloth diapers.

However, there is one thing that this family apparently cares more about than the environment.  And that is the size of Edie's butt.

Once it became apparent that cloth diapers had expanded the size of our daughter's trunk to true Mix-A-Lot proportions, out they went.  Oh my God, Becky, screw the environment.

I would use this as a launchpad to discuss societal priorities if I weren't too busy laughing and/or being happy about no longer having a giant bucket of poop in my house.

Edie may have back, but at least the poop is now in the garbage where it belongs.

No comments: