Thursday, December 4, 2008

Ninjas don't snuggle

Finn's never been much of a snuggler. His idea of cuddling is slapping you in the face, pulling your hair or throwing up in your mouth. In fact, he did that to me again today. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, and I'm obviously a complete idiot for putting you over my head with my mouth open. Again.

Lately, and out of nowhere, the Ninja has taken to putting his cheek against our cheeks or laying his head on our shoulders when we're holding him. It's extremely sweet and therefore we assumed that it must have been an accident. Like some little girl baby way off in the distance was flashing him and he just needed to crane his neck to see it. But at this point, we're starting to think that it's for real.

This happens mostly in the evening, when he's milk drunk or sleep deprived. Most times, he won't sit still for more than 10 seconds which includes his steadfast refusal to cuddle in bed with us in the morning. At this point we'll take what we can get. Especially since his one true love is clearly himself. He'll sit and stare at our Best of Finn screensaver for hours, smiling whenever he gets a closeup. And last weekend at the cabin, I caught him making out with himself in the mirror.

To be fair, he is extremely good looking. If I were a mirror, I'd be putting the moves on him too.



No comments: