Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Homesick

Here's what I learned while I was away from home for work the past two weeks:
  1. A wiener schnitzel is not a fancy hot dog. Similarly, an andoulliette is not a small andouille sausage.
  2. They must use a different "star" scale for hotels in Europe. Similarly, "Comfort Inn" must have a different meaning in British English than it does in American.
  3. Read the fine print if booking a half-day tour from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem. Apparently, "half-day" in Hebrew = "find your own way home".
But mostly I learned that 10 days is a really really long time to be away from my family.

Not that it was all bad, mind you. Apparently without me around to spoil him, Finn learned how to dress himself without whining, how to say "please" without additional prompting and in general how to be a fine upstanding member of this family.

Let's see how long it takes me to undo all of that good work.

It's good to be home!

No comments: