Thursday, July 28, 2011

Playoffs? Don't talk about playoffs.

Let's give it up for my boy Finn and his newfound bladder control.  Potty training has been a long endeavor, going back about a year now with a couple of stops & starts.  We clearly forced the first attempt on him before he was ready... and the second attempt... but this time around, we let him set the pace.  I never thought I'd be this excited about two self-motivated trips to the bathroom in one evening, but here we are.

Of course, I don't want to jinx it.  I feel like an athlete that's been asked about the playoffs after a mid-season three-game winning streak.

"Well, we're seeing the toilet well right now, but we can't get ahead of ourselves.  We just need to focus on tomorrow.  It's a good bladder we got here.  We're just going to have to take it pee by pee."



No comments: